Source: Farmer John’s Cookbook: The Real Dirt on Vegetables by John Peterson
- ½ small cantaloupe, balled or cut into 1 inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 2 small tomatoes cut into thin wedges (about 1 cup)
- ½ cucumber peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 large rib celery, diced (about ¾ cup)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup fresh mint, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Combine the cantaloupe, tomatoes, cucumber and celery in a bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk yogurt, ½ cup fresh mint, sherry vinegar, honey, and lemon juice.
Pour dressing over the melon salad and mix until well combined. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with mint leaves.