Source: Farmer John’s Cookbook: The Real Dirt on Vegetables by John Peterson and Angelic Organics
- 9 -10 cups watermelon, de-seeded and cut into chunks (about 1 small watermelon)
- ½ cup diced fennel
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 bell peppers (red, yellow or orange), diced
- 1 red chili or jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 ½ teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
Puree watermelon in a food processor or food mill. Put watermelon in a large bowl and add fennel, mint, bell peppers, chili or jalapeno, lime and lemon juices, ginger and salt and pepper.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish with blueberries and mint leaves.